Bivvy Bag Tent with Hoops
Vuno AUSTERE 770 Hiking and Hunting 790 grams
The Vuno Austere bivvy bag tent is all you need for hiking alone when want to keep things super light. It will help reduce your pack weight and free up valuable space.
The Vuno Austere weighs only 790 g and packs down to 43 x 11 cm.
What Makes this Bivy Bag so Good?
Unlike some of the bivy’s on the market the Vuno Austere includes hoops for both ends of the bag. These hoops maximize the room inside the bag and maintain the shape of the bivvy helping water sheet away quickly.
The bottom is made from waterproof 210D oxford cloth to keep you dry at night. The bottom layer of any tent needs to be well waterproofed as often you can find yourself waking up in a puddle on hilly terrain.
The top is of the bivy tent is made from water resistant polyester fiber. Due to the shape of the bivy any water will run off down the sides keeping you dry at night.
To ensure you stay dry at night when weather conditions are not ideal, all the seams are taped with silicon tape. This ensures water doesn’t sneak through the seams of the bivy bag. Fabric is stitched together with quality stitching to ensure long term durability.
For extra breathability and effective reduction of condensation, the outside door of the bivy can be left open. Under this layer is another door made from yarn mesh which will keep out insects.
We recommend our Superlight ultralight air mattress (not included) for use with this bivy as pictured.
Bivvy Bag Tent Specifications
- Bottom Layer: 210D oxford cloth.
- Top Layer: Polyester fiber.
- Waterproof index: 1000 -1500 mm.
- Weight: 790 g +/- 5%.
- Size: 220 x 90 x 50 cm.
- Packed Size: 43 x 11 cm.
Contents: Bivy, storage bag, 4 strings, 8 pegs, 2 hoops ** mattress not included **
Includes tent pegs and rope.Bivy bags are great for when you are hiking multi day hikes alone and want to keep your pack weight down.
They also come in handy if you get tired or have an emergency before reaching your campsite. This is because they have a small footprint so in most situations you will be able to find enough flat ground to use the bivy tent.
Another great thing about bivy tent’s is they can easily be put up while it is raining without the inside getting wet. They can also be put up in windy conditions relatively quickly and easily.
Tip for Using Bivvy Bags
When using any bivvy bag we recommend using an ultralight weight groundsheet above it. All bivvy bags will get wet on the inside when the outside of the fabric gets too wet. This is due to the inevitable condensation build up.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using a Bivvy Bag:
Before buying one of these amazing small tents please ensure you familiarise yourself with the below pros and cons of using a bivy tent over a regular tent.
Advantages of using a bivy bag:
- Cheaper than a full size tent.
- Lighter than a regular sized tent.
- More discreet and allows you to sleep on tiny patches of flat ground. Can also be used undercover on some hut decks.
- Increases the temperature range of your sleeping bag.
- Easy to set up after a long day’s adventure.
- Great for taking with you as a back up in case you get caught out at night and can’t make it to your destination.
- Provides easy to erect shelter in case you get injured.
- Can be dried relatively quickly and easily should it rain overnight.
Disadvantages of using a bivy bag:
- Does not provide as much protection from the elements as tents do.
- You may feel cocooned in, not recommended for people who don’t like confined spaces.
- The smaller the tent the more condensation your will have. It is common to wake up with a damp sleeping bag especially in the foot area.
- Can be difficult to enter and exit the bivy in the rain without getting the inside wet.
You may also like…
Paracord Bracelet with Survival Aids Orange Colour$19.99 Add to cart
2 Person Tunnel TentDual Layer Army Green1700 grams MC2PT-AG$229.00 Add to cart
Black Folding Pocket Knife with Belt Clip 200mm Unfolded$39.99 Add to cart