Self Inflating Air Mattress Beacon 650 only 650 grams
The Beacon 650 is self inflating air mattress made for multi-day hikes. It is perfect for those who do not want to spend time blowing into a mattress after a long hike.
As well as inflating on their own these amazing mattresses also perfect for the colder conditions. This is because of the 3 cm sponge foam which is not only used for comfort but also as insulation. Having sponge inside your mattress is better than having a higher hollow sleeping mat when it is cold.
Any great thing about this sleeping mat is it can be used to alert search and rescue if required. This is due to the bright yellow colour which highly visible in most conditions.
How Does it Work?
While rolled up the foam layer is squashed up. When the mattress is rolled out the foam expands sucking in air.
Self Inflating Air Mattress Specifications
- Model: Beacon 650.
- Brand: Widesea.
- Model number: WS-SM650Y.
- Inflation method: Self inflating sponge.
- Materials: Nylon and sponge.
- Dimensions: 183 x 51 x 3 cm.
- Packed size: Approximately 26 x 16 cm (depends on how mat is rolled).
- Weight:650 grams +/- 5%.
- Applicable seasons: All.
- Colour: Yellow.
Tips for Using Self Inflating Air Mattress
- Leave for as long as possible for mattress to self inflate. Set up your tent and leave valve open until ready for sleep. The long you leave it the more it will expand.
- To hurry things up a bit try lying on the mattress to compress the sponge. Leave the mattress and wait, repeat if needed.
- When you first use the mattress it may require some extra time due to the length rolled u in storage.
- It is not recommended to inflate using your mouth. This could result in moisture entering the mat.
Packing Up the Self Inflating Sleeping Mat
- When packing the mattress away first open the valve fully and roll up. Once rolled up close he valve and un-roll the mattress. Roll up again with the valve closed until you get near the top then release valve. Finish rolling then close the valve again.
- If you want to pack the mattress down even smaller then repeat the above a couple of times.
You may also like…
Sleeping Bag Accessories
Emergency Bivvy Bag for Survival Use Green 125 grams$24.99 Add to cart
Paracord Bracelet with Survival Aids Orange Colour$19.99 Add to cart
Down Sleeping Bags for Camping and Hiking
Black Vuno Puffy Goose Down Sleeping Bag 0 ~ 5°c 1147 grams$249.00 Add to cart
Sleeping Bag Accessories
Backpacking Pillow Camping Air Pillow Vuno Giganto Blue$24.99 Add to cart