Bivy Bag Tent with Lightweight Mattress 1260 grams
This great value combo includes the Vuno Austere Bivy Bag Tent and the Vuno Rapid Pack lightweight air mattress. This combination is perfect when hiking alone over multiple days and need to keep things light. It is also also a good idea to carry with you when staying in huts in case you have to have to spend a night in the bush.
For more information please click on the relative product image below.
Vuno Austere Bivy Bag Tent Specifications
- Model: Vuno Austere.
- Model Number: BBA770.
- Bivy Material: Durable Polyester fibre and oxford 210D oxford cloth.
- Silicon Taped Seams.
- Bivy Tent Waterproof index: <1000 mm.
- Net Weight: 790 grams +/- 5%.
- Size: 90 x 220 x 50 cm.
- Packed size: Approximately 8 x 36Includes: Pegs, strings, 2 poles and a storage bag.
Vuno Rapid Pack Mattress Specifications
- Model number: RAPIDPACK-450-O.
- Material: TPU tearproof Nylon.
- Air mattress weight: 470 grams.
- Colour: Orange.
- Inflated Size: 190 x 56 cm tapered down to feet.
- Mattress height: 5 cm.
- Packed size: 23 x 7 cm.
- Number of users: 1 person.
- Estimated R-Value: 2.2 (not tested, compared to similar air mattresses)
These mattresses are inflated by mouth. We also have dry bags available (not included) which can also be used as mattress inflators as shown below. More information on these can be found here.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using a Bivy Bag:
Before buying one of these amazing small tents please ensure you familiarise yourself with the below pros and cons of using a bivvy tent over a regular tent.
Advantages of using a bivvy bag:
- Cheaper than a full size tent.
- Lighter than a regular sized tent.
- More discreet and allows you to sleep on tiny patches of flat ground. Can also be used undercover on some hut decks.
- Increases the temperature range of your sleeping bag.
- Easy to set up after a long day’s adventure.
- Great for taking with you as a back up in case you get caught out at night and can’t make it to your destination.
- Provides easy to erect shelter in case you get injured.
- Can be dried relatively quickly and easily should it rain overnight.
Disadvantages of using a bivvy bag:
- Does not provide as much protection from the elements as tents do.
- You may feel cocooned in, not recommended for people who don’t like confined spaces.
- The smaller the tent the more condensation your will have. It is common to wake up with a damp sleeping bag especially in the foot area.
- Can be difficult to enter and exit the bivy in the rain without getting the inside wet.
You may also like…
EDC 6 in 1 Firestarter Compass Whistle Cord Bottle Opener Ruler$29.99 Add to cart
Alcohol Stove Set with Pot Pan and Windshield 689 grams$119.00 Add to cart
Ultralight Hiking Backpack 56L with Sleeping Pad 845 grams$249.00 Add to cart
Sleeping Bag Accessories
Backpacking Pillow Camping Air Pillow Vuno Giganto Blue$24.99 Add to cart